are responsible for building positive, safe, and inclusive communities through educational and social programming; serving as a resource and referral to University services; and being a positive role model by following and enforcing University and RCL policies and standards of behavior. To be considered as a candidate for the RA position, please be sure to meet the following requirements and qualifications:
RA Candidate Requirements:
- Candidates must be a current Longwood University student having lived in Longwood managed housing for two or more semesters.
- Candidates must meet the cumulative GPA requirement of at least a 2.5 or better. Candidates with below a 2.5 GPA may still be considered for an open position, but will not be placed as an RA until his/her GPA is above a 2.5.
- Have NO active judicial record.
- Be able to commit to the remainder of the academic year from the time of hire. This disqualifies candidates who will be student teaching, studying abroad, playing a varsity sport, or graduating in December.
- Submit an application with an updated resume.
- Provide a minimum of two references. One must be from a current RA and the other must be from a current Longwood University faculty/staff member.
To be considered for the Resident Assistant Position, candidates must have their completed application (application, resume, and reference forms) submitted to the Office of Residential & Commuter Life (located in Lancaster, Room G-13) by 4:00 pm on Friday, September 6, 2013.
Any questions regarding the application or application process, may be directed to Rob Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Scott Stover (email@example.com).
INFORMATION TYPED INTO THIS FORM CANNOT BE SAVED!